segunda-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2013

What I want


I want to be nature. I want to be a plant. Better yet, I want to be a leaf. In the millions of leafs my tree has. I want to swing in the wind and depend on a branch. I want my nurture to come straight from the earth. I don’t want to need anything apart from light and water. I want to be green and insignificant. I want to be small and part of a whole. I want to make shadow for the ones in the sun and shelter for the ones in the rain. But I don’t want anyone to thank me. I want to be taken for granted. I want to be uprooted and torn apart by evil children, if they wish so. I want to be whatever is needed, even if that means to just be a nice landscape for someone like me. I want to be a leaf on a tree in a garden. I don’t want to be noticed, just looked at every once in a while. I want to turn yellow and fall when autumn comes. And I want another leaf to grow where I once stood after I am dry and lost on some pathway made of stone.

Gabriel Abreu 

Nenhum comentário: